Indic Academy has established an Inter Gurukula-University Center for promoting Research, Designing of Courses and organizing Workshops, Seminars and Conferences on Shastras, Indic Knowledge Systems & Indology.
Over the last few years IGUC has organised several events either on its own or in collaboration with other Universities and Institutions. In order to encourage Scholars/Academics as well as Universities organize workshops on any topic relating to Shastras, Indic Knowledge Systems and Indology, IGUC has formulated the following grant guidelines for organizing a workshop.
Role of the Academic/Scholar
- The Academic/Scholar should tie up with a University of his or her choice to host the workshop.
Role of the University
The University must provide:
- Accommodation to the Academic/Scholar
- Meals and coffee / tea to the participants during the breaks.
- Video recording of the proceedings
The University is free to charge an appropriate registration fee from the participants in order to defray the above costs. Any surplus after meeting the above expenditure for the workshop may be retained by the University.
The event must be announced as a joint event between the University and Indic Academy and all publicity material should carry the logo of Indic Academy.
Role of Indic Academy
Indic Academy will:
- Pay an Honorarium between Rs 10,000 - 25000 per each full day of a workshop to the Academic/Scholar based on his or her seniority.
- Provide the air fare in case the University is located in a different city than the domicile of the Academic/Scholar
- Provide the cost of local transportation if it is in the same city.
Interested Universities and Academics may please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org along with the details of the proposed workshop and resume of the Academic/Scholar conducting the workshop. This grant scheme is currently for Academics/Scholars and Universities located in India and will be extended to United States in due course.
We welcome your comments at email@example.com